April 28, 2005

I am not alone.....

I have received many comments both in person and in email regarding how strong I am being. At the same time I also get the rhetorical question "I don't know how you do it'. To be honest, I am not sure? The best analogy is the proverbial fork in the road....go one way and let this consume me, take the other road and fight, remain positive and find the path to winning. The choice was easy, the journey is not.

Though a lot of the battle is in my heart, my soul, my mind I would be struggling to win the battle without those of you who read this and provide support to Mary and me. It is with that thought that I submit this for your review, it is from the inaugural Mass of Pope Benedict XVI.

“And now at this moment, weak servant of God that I am, I must assume this enormous task, which truly exceeds all human capacity. How can I do this?…All of you, dear friends, have just invoked the entire host of saints, represented by some of the great names in the history of God’s dealing with mankind. In this way, I too can say with renewed conviction: I am not alone. I do not have to carry alone what in truth I could never carry alone. All the saints of God are there to protect me, to sustain me and to carry me. And your prayers, my dear friends, your indulgence, your love, your faith and your hope accompany me.”

Words mean things.....it's funny, maybe ironic, maybe some fate mixed in there? Those three words keep surfacing "Faith, Love and Hope".....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I met with an attorney today and began the process of establishing an official non-profit (501.3c). Once the application is submitted all donations are tax deductible. The application will be filed in about 7-10 days and IRS approval takes 60-90 days. Next steps are for me to put together a board of directors and continue the work on the website (www.flhw.org). Stay tuned for big things.....I truly believe this is the "why".

No comments: