May 02, 2005

Rainy days and Mondays....

Friday was rainy, but in this case, unlike to song, it could not get us down.......I was offered a job! Now it's Monday, again we're not down, I'm about to make a phone call accepting the position!!

The position is with Sprint and yes that has risk being they are about to merge with Nextel. In this case, the role is in the local group which will be spun off into a stand alone company, post merger. This position is a project manager responsible for introducing new products and features into homes. (more specifically enhanced voicemail, phone books, customized family plans etc.)

Needless to say, it was a good weekend in the Emerson home. We had visitors in town for Brad's first communion so it was a busy, busy last few days. I had forgotten how special and important an event this is for an eight year old (and his parents).
Brad has been talking aout this for years, no more sitting in the pew while we go. In the hustle and bustle of getting ready on Saturday we did not have time to practice with wine at home (highly recommended). So before we went I told him just to wet his lips. Apparently, the person holding the cup tilted it just a little too much and he ended up with a mouth full! It was classic Brad again! We are so proud of him and all of his classmates. It was a wonderful day!

So, the good news is the pressure is off in at least one area! It looks like I will start on May 16th, so I've got a few more days to try to complete my "honey do" list!

Book recommendation: "Tuesday with Morrie". I just finished it last night and it is a great book. I'll probably start quoting Morrie in here from time to time. And yes, on the surface it is a book about a man dying, but it is so much more than that, it a book about living, and people, and family, and love!

[footnote} Today is the three month anniversary of my blog. I have not re-read it for some time, it makes me cry. I have always been a very even tempered person and have wondered if that has allowed me to deal with this situation relatively calmly. I don't get too high on the good news or too low with the bad. Pretty much, I just keep on, keeping on.

No comments: