March 19, 2007

Chasing snakes....

This weekend another milestone or anniversary passed, this is perhaps one the hardest ones to deal with each year. See March 16, 2005
'Just know she is is God's hands and there are others around you that need you to remain strong. Keep the faith my brother, you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers."

The weeks fly by, while each day is precious. I am having a hard time dealing with the speed at which the days and weeks are zooming passed. I can't seem to get anything done even though I am constantly busy doing 'things'. There are applications to complete and submit for the foundation. There are flyers and forms to create for the golf tournament (mark your calendars; Friday September 28th, 1:00pm shotgun at Sycamore Ridge). There is work, volunteer activities at church, and finding time to be a husband and father. And oh, did I mention dealing with this lousy hand of cards called cancer. Doctor appointments, lab tests etc. and on and on......

The wheels of life seem to spin out of control one minute and the next I know exactly what I am doing and making great progress in one or some of the these areas. Focus on the details but keep the big picture in mind. I found that have 'settled' into this groove where I just live each day and try not to plan to far ahead. Sometimes I feel good about this, others it annoys me that I have to live day to day. I can look out a month or so, but beyond that it's difficult to commit. We want to take a family vacation to Florida after school gets out, maybe early June, but we are reluctant to plan that far ahead. Who knows what will happen between now and then? So this is what the life has become two years later....

The blog title is somewhat of a double entendre, as most are. In this case it is not only a reference to St. Patrick but my life. It seems to be moving like a snake, back and forth, side to side but pressing forward faster than is desired.

No comments: