February 05, 2010

Thanks Phil!

As you are probably aware, that little rodent in Pennsylvania saw his shadow on Tuesday. Six more weeks of winter! I really don’t believe in this superstition, but as I watch yet another batch of snow fall, I just hope he's wrong.

It's been a long winter here in the Kansas City area. Our total snowfall must be near record-breaking. The only good thing is the fact that it has not been too cold for the entire time.

I can't help yearn for Spring and all that it brings and implies. It is, as I've expressed here ad nauseam, my favorite season. Who can't imagine the days of tulips, green grass, birds chirping and the rest.

I've recently connected with yet another man far to young to be ravaged with advanced prostate cancer. He's only 39 and his diagnosis is strikingly similar to mine. He has started a blog as well and I have a link to it on this site. So, for Brian in Utah, it's things like Spring that you should focus on. Yes there will be times when the entirety of the battle consumes you, but do your best to put that aside and turn your focus to your family and friends and all that is good in this world.

Pollyanna? Perhaps it is, but it seems to have worked for me over the past five years. As I said to Mr. Miller a few weeks back, you have to just get up and put you pants on and get on with it.

Well, that's all I got for now. My next post will mark a big milestone. Have a great week-end!



1 comment:

Brian W said...

David,
Thanks for your comments and wisdom. It is easy to be over-focused on this and miss out on what we truly have to be thankful for. I have met some of the best people that I have ever been privledged to know, you being one of them. These are people with true souls who care for others and go out of their way to share their experience, strenghth and hope. Thank you for all the good works you do fundraising, cheerleading, and reminding us that we are not alone. Happy 5 years and 500th blog. You are an inspiration!

Brian W. - Utah (Soon to be St. Louis!!!!)