February 16, 2010

For Pops

Tomorrow afternoon my Dad goes in to surgery to have about a foot of his colon removed. This is the same man who had prostate cancer fifteen or so years ago.

He's saying all the right things. He's very positive about the entire procedure and his doctor, but I know at 78, he's still got to be scared. I know that I am.

Cancer literally surrounds me right now. From all the friends I have met on-line, to my dad, the mothers and fathers of friends, to my own situation. At times it seems out of control. It just seems that some days
the bad news overwhelms the good.

I pray for my Dad and wish him a successful surgery and a speedy and full recovery.

3 comments:

Brian - Prostate Cancer IV said...

It can be overwhelming at the struggles that we go through on a daily basis, but we are still fighting, as is your Dad. If you get your strength from your Dad, then he will sail through his recovery with flying colors. I will remember him in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I prayed for your Dad and you and so many others with cancer this morning. I enjoyed reading through your last few entries and reading back through your first one--five years ago--WOW. You are an inspiration David-for sharing your story but also for being the damn fine man that you are! I am blessed to call you, Mary and Brad my friends. Jesus Watch Over You All! Dana

Anonymous said...

david

we'll keep your dad in our prayers.