October 03, 2007

No regrets....

I have spent the past three days in San Antonio at a conference for work. While it was very educational, I also had the opportunity to spend time with a few people that have become important to me since I began my battle with prostate cancer.

On Tuesday, I had lunch with John W. John's blog is linked on the left. He lives in Austin and has CLL. Over the past few years we have become good friends and for him to drive down from Austin just to have lunch was an incredible act of kindness. I'll post the picture here after he sends it over.

Tuesday night, I had dinner with Mark H. Mark and I met at the conference I attended in Los Angeles last month. We had some really great sushi and exchanged a number of stories, thoughts and perspectives on prostate cancer. Like John W he traveled about 70 miles to join me, I really appreciate it Mark!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the golf tournament I had created a CD based of the music that I have mentioned within this blog - but I forgot to play it.

In case you are interested, here's the song list:

I'll be- Edwin McCain
Amarillo Sky - Jason Aldean
Broadway - Goo Goo Dolls
Beautiful Day - U2
Santa Monica - 3 Doors Down
Life Ain't Always Beautiful - Gary Allan
One Thing - FINGER ELEVEN
Songs We Sing - Matt Costa
Can't Get There From Here - REM
Photograph - Nickelback
Boston and Island Boy - Kenny Chesney
Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
Blue Rondo à la Turk - Dave Brubeck
Back on Top - Van Morrison
The Calling - Wherever you will go

No comments: