May 15, 2006

Suns and Moons

I am not sleeping very well again. Stress, worry and hot flashes make a wicked combination. The hot flashes wake me and the worry and stress keep me awake.
“Are you awake?”
“Yes”

I’ve also had a recurrence of a few aches and pains over the last week. These have not been experienced in some time, maybe last fall? Nothing severe and nothing that warrants Aleve or Advil but occasionally my left thigh and ribs emit a VERY minor pain. It comes and goes and as of yet is not an issue, I just thought I’d share.

Friday’s meeting with the Oncologist seems like months away……

~~~~~~~~

Thanks to the world’s best wife, I was able to play disc golf both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was brutal, strong winds and 15 of 18 holes being set in their longest position made for a long, long morning. Mary heard me complaining about it not being much fun and she said “Why don’t you play tomorrow?” She insisted, so a few phone calls later and we had a foursome!

We played what is perhaps Kansas City’s best and possibly most beautiful disc golf course. Water Works Park sits just north of downtown. It is very hilly has a lot of older mature trees and several holes have stunning views of downtown Kansas City. I was able to reverse Saturday’s disastrous round and card a three over 57! It was a glorious morning and played fast enough that we were home having Mother’s Day breakfast by 10:00am!

From my friend Pete, source of quote unknown:
“There are a lot of dandelions out there”
“Yes, suns and moons”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was even able to finish a small repair project on a few of the windows on the house, and then the family came over for grilled steaks and salmon. The filet mignon looked very, very appetizing but I was able to restrain myself once again!

Today I’ll be playing “ball golf” in a fundraiser for the Boy Scouts of America. It’s supposed to be rather cool for this time of year (64) but none the less, any day out of the office is a good one!
~~~~~~~

This was just sent from a friend. Though my faith is growing daily I am not very well educated in prayers. I am trying to find more and more that are appropriate, this one hits so close to home, I had to share:

St. Theresa's Prayer

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,

Just to give you some hope. I have subscribed to many many Internet mail lists for prostate cancer to research my husband's disease.

I have communicated with the man or the wife of people who had Gleason scores of 9 and bone metastases at the time of diagnosis. They are still living 8-9 years later.

Have you subscribed to any of Don Cooley's lists? He has one for advanced prostate cancer. You can compare notes, talk with doctors, etc.

There is also a list for the wives of the men.

A lot of these guys have relationships with more than one doctor.

We have learned so much valuable info.
Don't give up hope.

Google of Don Cooley for his Prostate Help site.