December 06, 2009

Hold 'em or Fold 'em?

Mary, Brad and I saw the movie "The Blind Side" last night. What a fantastic movie. I sure wish Hollywood would produce more movies like this instead of some of the junk they churn out. I highly recommend this movie. It is based on a true story. Sandra Bullock turns in a very good performance and Tim McGraw is quite surprising as well.

Even with the cold weather we are experiencing, I played disc golf both yesterday and today. Yes, it was about 28 degrees yesterday and 33 today when we started, but with very little wind it was beautiful, perfect weather for a round. More importantly, I played pain free and remain that way 10 hours later. Next weekend will be my last opportunity to play with one of the regulars before he moves to Tuscon. I'm a little sad to see him go. He will be missed a lot.

Tomorrow is day 28 which means it's time to go see Doc V. I've been feeling really good since a week after my last visit, however we just never know what's going to happen.

Finally, tomorrow night is another event for the FLHW Foundation. We will be playing a Texas Hold 'em poker tourney at Johnny's Tavern in Overland Park. Click here for details, for those of you in town I hope you can make it!

No comments: