December 29, 2009

2009 Winds Down

One would think that as the years go by I'd have more to say. I was just looking over my blog stats and 2009 may be the year with the fewest posts.

Interesting... I would guess that I'm either more complacent, becoming more comfortable with my situation, or that there just haven't been a lot of changes, and subsequently, less news to share. The reason doesn't matter, I'm going to enter 2010 with the goal of posting more frequently.

I'm in the midst of two weeks off and it sure is flying by! A week from today I have my monthly appointment with Dr. V. I'm still feeling the same with little to no pain for the past several weeks which leaves me in my usual predicament of not knowing what the heck to expect.
At some point in 2010 I'm going to have to move on to another treatment regime. It could be another round of chemo. Perhaps we'll find a clinical trial we are comfortable with. Maybe we'll take the conservative path, again, and move on to DES/Estrogen.

At this point in time, I do not have a preference and am not leaning one way or the other. Mary will elect or prefer to take the path that is most conservative and has the least impact on my, our, overall quality of life. She is a saint. I can't say and don't mean to imply that her choices are
wrong, it's just at times I'd like to be a little more aggressive. However, had we taken a more aggressive path over the years it doesn't mean my current condition would be any different. Once again, perhaps she's right.

Peace be with you all, have a Happy New Year and may 2010 bring you good health, joy and happiness!

3 comments:

Terry said...

Clearly you haven't been married as long as I have. After 42 years, I have learned (the hard way at times) that there is only one person who is consistently right in our partnership - and it is not me!!

Hope you have a great new year with low numbers where you want them.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to You David.
I will be praying that You will not have to switch treatment in 2010 and that We both are granted more time.
good luck next week , I will be going in on the 5th
Dan J

Anonymous said...

Hey Welcome Back. Am glad you had some time off.

Happy New Year! Peace Brother..

Tom T.