August 08, 2007

Recognition, while appreciated, that's not the point

I received notification the other day that my blog, "the Big C" had won an award. The press release is here.

I appreciate this although it's not really the point. The purpose of this blog is to share my experience in order to keep my family and friends up to date and more importantly, to share my experience, thoughts, and perspectives with someone else that might be going through their own battle with prostate cancer.

There is another movement under way, started by one of the moderators of the discussion boards I monitor, to get Oprah to do a show on prostate cancer. We are trying to send as many requests as possible in order to get the attention of the show's producers. If you want to help, click here and fill out the application. It will only take a few minutes, and who knows, maybe if enough folks submit the idea, it will make a difference!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Carry on. :)
What you do makes a difference.