August 15, 2007

Mirror, mirror....

I've been exchanging emails with a man in a town about 80 miles east of here. He's young (mid-40's), advanced stage, young kids, etc. , a VERY similar prognosis - I just have a two year jump start on him.

Today he sent a few photos of himself and his daughter. She races sprint cars at tracks in mid-Missouri. That is pretty cool. However, I looked at the photos and thought about what he might be going through. It made me cry. Welcome back to the office, welcome back to reality!

On one hand, the pride he must feel in watching her perform is apparent. However, the fear that grips him about PCa, and the future is equally apparent, at this time, perhaps more prevalent?!

I sense he and I will converse more.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are and will be a source of hope in the fight as you are for many.