February 02, 2006

An Anniversary: Milestone 1

Today marks the first anniversary of the blog.

On February 2, 2005 I started this little journal with an entry titled,
"The start of the end?" How far things have come. That first entry was full of doubt and lacks the Faith, Hope and Love that are pushing me/us through this rocky road.

Things are good right now. We are in a place much like we were last summer. My numbers are down and we just process through each day, day after day, until the end of the month arrives. I roll up my sleeve, they pierce my skin, draw out my blood and we wait for a few days until the news arrives.

This a screwed up way to live. However, it is what it is. I want it to go away and return to my "normal" life. That is not going to happen, I know. Even if I was told "you're cured" tomorrow, life would never be normal again. Exercise and diet and generally living a healthy life will forever be first and foremost. The days of fries, burgers and pizza are long, long gone.

The low points of this journey seem like a lifetime ago. All of the news of last February, the trip to MD Anderson and the thought of Chemo just over a month ago. The highlights however quickly overwhelm these thoughts. I am grateful for every day I am alive.

In the weeks ahead, there will be more milestones to "celebrate"? I will try to encounter each looking more forward than back. It is human nature to remember, to relive moments in the past and I promise to do my best to relive these with you by presenting a positive attitude and my eyes looking through the windshield and not the rearview mirror!

God bless you all and thanks for being passengers on my journey. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. - I decided to transition from this first year by updating the template of the blog. No significant change, the colors are different and the archives are now grouped by month.

I hope you like the changes?!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go David. Very glad to hear your PSA numbers have dropped so low. That is a very good and hopeful sign.

Dan

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good One

Anonymous said...

I like the new look of the Blog. I can only imagine just a whisp of what this journey has been for you and your family. It is clear to me that God lives in you. Think about that last sentence. I really belive God is working and living in and through you and I think He does this because you allow Him to. I truely believe that God does not work through people unless the free will of that person desires it. Thanks for sharing and thanks for letting God in.

God Bless