May 13, 2011

An absence

It’s been a few days since my last post. Sorry, but I’ve been extremely busy! In addition, there is not a lot to report from a health perspective. I continue to feel fine and in fact, perhaps even a little better overall.

Earlier this week Brad had his Confirmation. It was a touching, spiritual Mass and it was good to have family there as well. We had a nice celebration over the weekend. I cannot express enough how proud I am to be his father. How he has handled my condition for the past six years as well as how he has managed other situations make me proud beyond words. He has developed emotional strength and maturity well beyond his years.  He and I will be spending a lot of time together in the next several weeks, and for that I am both thankful and blessed.

Last Friday we held the 3rd annual ‘Friday Night in the Greenhouse’ event. It was beautiful evening and we were delighted to see a number of old friends and many returning supporters of FLHW. It is a nice family event and we raised $1,800 for prostate cancer research and promoted the importance for men to be tested for prostate cancer!

Tomorrow is the 4th annual FLHW Prostate Cancer Doubles Shootout, a two man disc golf tournament. This year will be the biggest, with more players and more prizes than ever before! Once again the weather forecasts for it to be a little cool, but dry.  It was that way last year and turned out to be quite perfect. Looking forward to spending the day outdoors with friends and family. I’ll post plenty of photos and perhaps some video in the days ahead.

Have a great week-end!

1 comment: