November 06, 2007

With apologies to Fall

So as you know, I'm not a big fan of the Fall season.

While I do like a few things about this time of year, the fact that nature is preparing for the on set of Winter does not do too much to brighten my spirits.


However, the other morning I found two reasons to issue an apology to Fall. The pictures are not high quality, as I took them with my cell phone camera.

The first are the last three roses of the season. Mary and I grow a pretty mean rose. Several of the plants have reached heights of eight feet, and these are not climbers. Three roses, each from a different plant, each a different color. There's that number three again.....hmmm?



The second is a picture of our Indian Summer Maple tree. I missed it's peak by a day or two but I hope you see the source of it's name. It truly is at it's best during Indian Summer.


Tick, tick, tick.....what's that? The sound of my heart racing as I wait for my monthly test results!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your roses are beautiful - thanks for sharing the pix. I'm with you - fall is not my favorite season and it's a little harder to keep a positive outlook.

This seems to be a popular week for PSA testing as we are also playing the waiting game. Please know you're not waiting alone!

Sharon