September 07, 2007

No Santa Monica

I'm not sure what I'm looking for, hoping for, expecting?

If nothing more I hope to return home with a few more options for future treatments, notice the word I used....treatments.

I write this from 33,000 feet as I am on my way to Los Angeles for the NPRI Conference
I left my family behind. I am missing Brad's birthday. I don't think he minds that I'm missing the actual day, as it's turned in to a two week celebration.

Once more I pause and reflect on the music being dispersed from my iPod. I look at the man in the window seat.I would guess that he's about my age. He appears to be healthy. I bet he's not dealing with prostate cancer. With this thoguht, in my mind I sing along with 3 Doors Down:

If I could be like that,
I would give anything,
just to live one day in those shoes.

If I could be like that,
what would I do,
what would I do?
_______________________
My world is upside down. I'm forty-four years old - why an I having to deal with this dreaded disease? The thought quickly passes, like it always does.

In LA I will spend two and a half days in a conference room. There I will listen to some of the world's most renowned experts speak on prostate cancer, diagnosis, treatments and more. The unfortunate part of the trip is I chose to forgo a car, so getting to the beach will not happen. Those of you that have been with me for awhile know of my attraction to the ocean. No Santa Monica this time.....

No comments: