August 23, 2006

But will it 'Hurt'?

It looks like we've reached the next step. I had blood drawn again today. The doctor just wants to make sure there was no mistaking the 54.66 reading from last Friday. I also have scheduled new bone/CT scans next Wednesday the 30th. The blood test and the scans will determine a baseline.

Dr. Sheehan is going to place calls to both MD Anderson and Sloan Kettering to verify the availability of any clinical trials. If nothing fits my particular case, I will begin Chemo on the 5th of September.

I worry, not for me, but for her. The stress, the concern, the "what if's". I have to do my best to help her focus on what good may come of this. Many side effects COULD happen, none of them might.

And so I go on, a new chapter, a new story unfolds.
The woods of Sweden all ready seem like a lifetime ago…...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Though the song in it's entirety doesn’t necessarily fit the topic, the beginning seems to say it just right:
Johnny Cash
"Hurt"
I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hang in there. I'm pulling for you!

Anonymous said...

be strong David. You and your family are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

David, my family and I continue to pray for you and yours. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

David and Mary God has given you both great strength and courage. You can tell your grandchildren one day about how you beat cancer and how the FLHW foundation became the largest foundation of it's kind. You will win this battle and your fight will save many lives along the way.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your blog that I just found. how is it going now? Am 59- just had first PSA TEST- was 23 zo am on cipro 4 a month before nxt psa. dre was ominous w/no symptoms. Hoping2skip biopsy and go right2 bonescan 2see if it is pca & has metastacized?
am assuming worst and might forego any surgery/chemo if bonescan ok - just live w/mystery whether it is pca or not since most my age have it & see what time will tell rather than endure radical treatments that have little impact on mortality rates at my age and older. Any thoughts on wait/see?
Tim in Easton PA USA timeastonpa@yahoo.com