January 27, 2006

We’re going to need a bigger cake..…..

It’s here, the first milestone of many over the next few weeks. Along with being the first, it is the best and certainly going to be the ony one worth celebrating.

I made it to my 43rd birthday, yippee! Besides being another year older there is much to celebrate.

I love my wife, my son and I am forever grateful for the joy and happiness that they bring every day of my life. I tell them I love them before I leave for work, I tell them I love them before we go to bed. I pray for them at night, they are my life and they are a big part of why I am still here today.

I love my family and my friends. You are there when I need you, you are there in silence, you are there in words and cards and emails and phone calls. God bless each of you.

Strangers – through this last year I have “met” so many people that I again, cannot thank enough. John W. and recently Karen; both fellow bloggers, both fellow cancer survivors, both fighters and apparently both comedians! Perhaps one day we will meet, maybe at a survivor’s event? Maybe just because…..

I thank God for all the blessings in my life; good health (it’s no so bad, I look and feel better than I ever have), family, friends, strangers and most of all for blessing me with the sense to fight this battle with Faith, Love and Hope.

6 comments:

Heidi Bennett said...

Happy Birthday David! Thanks for leaving a "howdy" on my blog.

My birthday is in a week...big 39 for me.

Cheers and good health to you.

Heidi / Kizzy

aka Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday David! Reading about your infinite faith, love and hope continues to remind me of what is truly important in life - thank you. Prayers for many more birthdays to come, from your friend of over 30 years.

John Wagner said...

God Bless you David, and Happy Birthday. You truly have inspired me and I look forward to your updates. I'm surprised you still read mine. Each takes a half hour to read! Ha! Loving, supporting family and friends is one reason for you doing so well. Prayer and faith is the other.

We will definitely, absolutely, for sure, meet somtime in the future. If not here, I expect to be waiting in heaven and giving you a welcome hug, but not for many, many years. (Remember, I am much older than you, so I have to go first!) But a survivor's event sounds perfect to me!

Next year at this time I fully expect to be wishing you this same Birthday wish! FLHW!!!!!

Karen said...

Happy birthday!!!

CozyMoses said...

happy happy joy joy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday David,

We are the very close to the same age (I'm 43 in April) and I continue to read every entry in your blog. Being so close in age, a father and husband and attending the same church with you makes your journey really hit home for me. I continue to pray for you and your family and I want to personally thank you for the inspiration you provide to us all. You should know that you have had a profoundly deep impact on my life. Your testiment to God, your courage and intimate sharing of your journey has been a true blessing for many people. I will continue to pray for you, John W, Karen and all others who share your similar journey. I expect to be wishing you happy birthday again in 2007 and for many many years to come. Thank you for allowing God to work through you so unselfishly.