August 17, 2005

I feel like a number.....

...and that number would be: .35

Last Thursday (August 11th) I had blood drawn for my 6 week check up. Late yesterday we received the test results and my PSA number is down to .35!! It goes without saying, we are VERY happy things are still trending down.

As for next steps, I'll have another test at the end of September and after that we'll start discussing updated bone/CAT scans and the possibility of seeking an additional second opinion. Our thoughts are to go to Sloan-Kettering in New York or one of a few other hospitals. The issue right now is there are still very few trials or experimental treatments for advanced stage prostate cancer, so we are still in a wait and see mode for the second opinion part.

Preparations for the golf tournament are coming along great, my focus has been on business sponsors. To date we have one check in hand and about five to six other verbal commitments. With seven weeks left we have a lot of work left ahead of us but we are confident we'll make it. "Money is research, research is the cure!!"
(For more information there is a link on the upper left of the page)

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, I couldn't do it without you!

No comments: