August 22, 2011

My Compass

There are those people you meet in your life, you know the ones, teachers, friends, professors, etc., those people that have a profound impact on your life. I married mine.

She, without meaning to do so, changed me in so many ways. She also supports, encourages and helps me through the cyclone that has become my life.

When we met I was a wandering soul. I was working, had finished two years of college but had no long term direction or short term goals. Since then, I earned my undergraduate and graduate degrees, have a relatively successful career, was blessed with a wonderful son, a comfortable home and a non-profit foundation provides me with an immense sense of pride. The cancer battle aside, we are genuinely happy and content.

Now, more than ever, she needs me for that same support. I am with you Mary, I love you more than ever and I am here to help you get through your challenging times, as you have always been there for me. I am blessed that you came into my life over 24 years ago and am honored that you married me on that wonderful Saturday in August, twenty years ago.

Here's to many, many more years ahead for us to share.

No comments: