March 05, 2011

What would you do for a year?

Dockers is currently running a contest that will pay the winner for a year to complete a project of their choice
or complete whatever they want.

I was limited to 400 characters, here is my entry:
As a young man of 42, in 2005 I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. There are a limited number of treatments for advanced prostate cancer, and it is considered incurable. Winning would allow me to put everything aside for the next year and pursue my passion: Raising awareness for prostate cancer and raising money needed to find better treatments and a cure for advanced prostate cancer.

I got a very late start and voting ends on March 15th.

The link to my entry is below, please go there and help me out by voting everyday!
(note; this might require Facebook, I’m not 100% sure?)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,
I had the distict pleasure of hearing you speak at our J&J meeting this week. You are true hero in my eyes. I was so very moved by your story. Thank you for being so courageous and fighting such a fight and coming to share the passion we all have for our new product.. I wish you continued success and health. I am praying for you. Just went to FB and voted. Best of luck. Cannot imagine how you would not be chosen!

Anonymous said...

David,
I was in attendance during your presentation to Johnson & Johnson and I was so unbelievably moved by your strength, courage, and dedication to helping others with Prostate Cancer. You are not only taking on this life challenge with passion, but also helping so many others sharing in your battle. You cannot be thanked enough for your selflessness, so please accept my thoughts and prayers in hopes for continued good health. God bless you and your family.