September 10, 2010

Time flies....

Dear Blog,

Sorry I have neglected you. One would think that being without a job I would have all this spare time on my hands.  One would be wrong in this instance. I vow to recommit myself to more frequent and substantive updates. To that end, I have just created 5 drafts, including this one. There is a lot going on in my life as I fight this dreaded disease on a daily basis, and sharing my trials and tribulations will once again become a priority.
~~~~~~~~~~
In addition to preparing for our upcoming FLHW golf tourney, I have spent some time over the last month helping a friend launch a new website. This even included a few days in Boston to help him with a conference/expo. The website is focused on helping amateur MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) fighters train better, as well as to help promoters and the State Boxing Commissioners identify qualified fighters. I don't have much interest in the sport overall, but the business plan is pretty solid. I wish my friend great success wit this endeavor. My involvement centers around marketing social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogging etc). It's a lot of fun and I may have recruited another disc golfer while we have worked on this project together. The website is www.mmaally.com if you are interested.

My job search continues. When I became a 'free agent' on July 1st I had planned to take July off. Well July ran in to August and the next thing I knew it was September 1st. So I have started seriously looking and leveraging the resources that were provided by my former employer and that is where I currently find myself. My resume and background are available at linkedin.com.

More to come over the next few days. Have a great week-end!

No comments: