August 02, 2009

My mind was elsewhere

Today we played a casual round of disc golf, Pete, Steve, Joe, Steve and myself. We all played rather terribly but the weather was ideal and the camaraderie top notch as we relived this past weeks events.

My thoughts were elsewhere as I could not help let my mind wander to the upcoming week. My friend Dan has his monthly follow up, please send a few prayers his way, Another friend John has a birthday tomorrow, Happy Birthday John!! Melissa turned the big 30 today, congratulations youngster!
Most importantly tomorrow is our 18th wedding anniversary and that weighed heavily on my mind.

I had already acquired a card and gifts for my lovely bride but I could not help wonder 'how many more?" I pray for 20 and I hope for 25. Somewhat sobering to read, my apologies, but that's where I was at and where my mind shifts to from time to time. I don't dwell on it too long either as I continue to try to focus on what's right and what's good with my current condition. I am not sure there are many 46 year old men that could play 153 holes of disc golf in seven days, much less do it with advanced Prostate cancer. Seriously, I even cam home and mowed the grass!

I'm sharing this not in the hope of receiving accolades but because that is what this blog is all about, this is how I'm dealing with it, leading and living a "normal" life to the best of my ability. I hope and pray that there are others who find it and read it and are inspired to fight on!

Dan, my thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow. John and Melissa, peace be with you both. Mary, well I'll have much more to say about this tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary . . .and here's to many, many, many more!!

can't believe you played after all the rounds this week. you guys are unbelievable!

Mark

Blog Admin said...

Hey, man I have a great deal of faith in apple seeds and apricot seeds. I have OCD so I unneccisarily research cancer cures and the like. When bitten into, an apricot seed releases a locked and safe form of cyanide. However, when this cyanide meets a cancer cell, it destroys it. The cyanide coumpound in fruit seeds, meeting this sugar molecule in the cancerous membrane, joins up with the sugar to form cyanide, poisoning the cancer. If you want to learn more, search: Jason Vale, laetrile, vitamin B17, World without Cancer. YouTube tells Jason Vale's story. I hope this helps. You must chew the seeds, however. Your stomach will not be able to digest an unchewed seed, not releasing the cyanide. As far as safety goes, I eat and chew several seeds a day. Remember, it is a locked up form of cyanide.