June 18, 2009

New beginnings and some news that saddens me greatly

First and foremost, an early congratulations to my niece Megan and her fiance Alex! This weekend will be absolutely beautiful and may God bless you with many, many, many happy years ahead. The days, weeks and months leading up to Saturday have been hectic and stressful but that will all quickly be forgotten by Saturday and as time passes. Enjoy your honeymoon and the beach. I'm rather jealous of the whole beach thing! Your two are wonderful together and I wish you nothing but the best!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I received an email yesterday that the teenage son of someone I knew in grade and middle school had died. We were close friend friends for a while, but that was 35 years ago. None the less, this news has really made me sad. This blog contains too many stories about death, both those that I knew or others that I was just merely acquainted with. Perhaps this was just the proverbial straw that brings me so much sadness?

If you have a moment, please say this prayer for the family and the soul of their son.

Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May the souls of the faithful departed
through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Amen.

No comments: