May 12, 2008

Another legend falls

On Saturday night we lost another of the true champions of the prostate cancer community.
Ric Masten, who had fought the disease for over 10 years passed on to a better place.

A link to Ric's website is and will remain on the left side of this page.

I have written about Ric here before, we exchanged messages a few times in the last year. I wouldn't pretend to know him but his website has been a real inspiration to me over the past three years.


I was truly saddened by this news. Ric was a poet, an artist, a minister and a friend to many.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I had my port installed. No complications to report. The procedure went very smoothly. My neck hurts a little, but that is to be expected. They made a small incision at the base of my neck on the right side and then about a two inch horizontal incision on the right side of my chest. I basically have a little bump on my chest. The staff at KU Medical Center were all wonderful, more details to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you and praying for you. Thanks for the udate hang in there.

Aimee said...

So very sorry to hear about Ric Masten. I have followed his blog since my dad's diagnosis. A big loss.