January 04, 2008

...and now, back to the music

Mary and I shared a ride to work today. This is something we should do more often. It saves gas, gives us a few minutes together, alone.  I'll try to make it more of a priority.
 
Before departing I'm searching my iPod for something different. I find CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival). I never realized I had 22 of their songs? After a stop for gas and Starbucks, I drop her and the song changes to "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?". As I always do, I take to words, and apply them to me, to the here and now.
 
(John Fogerty)
Someone told me long ago There's a calm before the storm,
I know; It's been comin' for some time.
When it's over, so they say, It'll rain a sunny day,
I know; Shinin' down like water.
CHORUS:
I want to know, Have you ever seen the rain?
I want to know, Have you ever seen the rain
Comin' down on a sunny day?

Yesterday, and days before, Sun is cold and rain is hard,
I know; Been that way for all my time.
'Til forever, on it goes Through the circle, fast and slow,
I know; It can't stop, I wonder.

CHORUS
Yeah!
CHORUS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the ccr