June 25, 2007

Tears for cheers....

This weekend I received an email that finally brought a few tears to my eyes. I say finally, because I haven't had a good cry in a while. 
 
Apparently, the daughter of a relative in St. Louis was volunteering at a summer camp for kids with cancer. Her mother showed up one day, it happened to be 'hat day'.  She found her daughter and what was she wearing? One of our FLHW hats.
 
So why the tears? I'm not sure. Maybe it just sparked something...a need for a release? Without having given it too much thought, they were certainly tears of joy and happiness.  In some instances, crying is good. It is cleansing and even stress relieving. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see FLHW spreading beyond Kansas City. Even through a "hat" the message is profound and powerful. Awareness will save lives and I am sure your message has already saved some lives.

John Wagner said...

I still wear my hat some and I haven't had the blue wrist band off since I got it and that has been a year and a half now. (Good thing it washes clean in the shower - HA!)