May 15, 2007

A rather large knot in my stomach

As I go through the motions of my daily routine, I am struggling to focus, as I am quite distracted. We received word this morning that our secretary passed away this morning.

I wrote about her in here a few times. She was a lovely lady, kind, friendly, always willing to help out. She battled cancer at least twice over the years. Her husband continues his own battle and her mother recently passed away from breast cancer. How unfair is that? A triple dose.

Her cancer returned and she was gone so quickly. I talked to her about her condition ten days ago or so. She was going through another round of chemo and on medications to deal with back pain. Apparently, it quickly spread to her liver and possibly other organs. It took her quickly. I pray she experienced no pain.

A gloomy, rainy day in Kansas City just got a lot worse.

God, please take care of her and continue to watch over her husband.

Absolve, we beseech Thee,
O Lord,
the soul of Thy servant Theresa,
from every bond of sin,
that being raised in the glory of the resurrection,
he may be refreshed among the Saints and Elect.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen

4 comments:

John Wagner said...

David,
I'm sorry for the loss of your secretary and friend. Doesn't it seem like cancer is everywhere we look, now? I will remember Theresa's husband in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

David,
Theresa...what a beautiful name. She sounds like a wonderful person.
You know, I think our hearts are made to bear the pain that comes from caring so you honor Theresa by mentioning her.
Thank you,
sc

Anonymous said...

First time corresponding. Found you looking under leg and hip pain this morning.
Yes, I'm a cancer "survivor" also. Prostate. Treated in 2004 with EBRT. Follow ups every 6 months.
Also had TIA and triple by-pass surgery in 2004. Had O/A for years.So bad, it qualified me for SSD in 2000.
Trying to lose weight and walk. Got better B4 it got what it is now. I take control substance for the pain on a daily basis.I was taking vioxx b4 the cardio events for over 2 years. Various therapies and chiropractic.
Used to donate my type O on a schedule until hypertension and anemia limited me from doing so B4 cancer.Now, I can't of course.
Still do meals on wheels when I can.
Trying to find what to do for pain as I walk over 2.5 miles a day. Haven't been now for a week or so. Use treadmill, stationary bike and weights but it's tough usually.
65 now. Wife has 1 more day & retires. Has worse cardio than I but no cnacer. Had 5 by-pass 2001 and needs valve job- just isn't ready for it yet.
Broke now. Chapter 7 in 2005, lost home of 22 years 2006. The life threateners are expensive--with good insurance! Better timing would have helped. Dying would have also.
Getting "into" myself a bit here. Sorry. Just that working 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week didn't do it for me.
Got to find something that helps with pain besides narcotics or death. Any ideas?

Unknown said...

migsoon -
I can reply directly if you send your emails address to:
info at flhw dot com

David