September 05, 2006

Slight Pain Redefined

What began as a slight discomfort in St. Louis had turned into out right pain.  It had completely gone away by Sunday morning so I played disc golf with my brother-in-law.  We both shot 1 over par and I did so with not even a twinge. However, by mid-afternoon Sunday I was hurting.  I tried Aleve but it provided no relief.  By Sunday after dinner I was on the couch with a heating pad on my leg. Four Advil later it was bearable. 

Sleeping on the other hand was a task.  Mary and I were both up from about 2:30 to 4:00am.  Monday morning was somewhat better and I was able to last until noon before I had to reach for the Advil.  Last night I must have found the one position on my side that relieved the pain and was able to get a good nights sleep.

I was able to work out (no leg exercises at all) and am doing ok this morning as I work from home.  Tomorrow at 8:30 we meet with the new Oncologist.  We also did receive a call from the previous Oncologist regarding clinical trials, etc. at MD Anderson or Sloan Kettering.  Her message indicated that both doctors she talked to were also of the opinion that the Taxotere regimen is the best next step.  My guess is, upon leaving tomorrows meeting, we will receive confirmation again that the chemo treatment will begin the following week.  We will also inquire about the pain and the need for any radiation treatments.  Im not sure why but Im less concerned about chemo than radiation?  It just sounds nasty?!

No comments: