April 27, 2006

Timeout for another music reflection…..

I spent some time over the last week fixing my iPod (note to Apple: the upgrade to iTunes 6.0 is a real pain, and that's the clean version!). As long as I was fixing the iTunes 6.0 issue, I decided to consolidate all the digitized music I had to one PC and back it up on a regular basis. (Do you back up?). In the end, I discovered I had accumulated over 2,500 songs, far more than will fit on my iPod (capacity is about 1,200).

To cut the boredom out of this post (too late?) I'll get to my point. During the filtering process (how do you pick which of the 2,500 songs warrant space on your iPod?) I ran across this song that I had forgotten about….

It's by a band named Nickelback and this particular song gained quite a bit of radio play last summer. It's called "Photograph". These are the lyrics from the end of the song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss that town
I miss their faces
You can’t erase
You can’t replace it
I miss it now
I can’t believe it
So hard to stay
Too hard to leave it
If I could relive those days
I know the one thing that would never change
Look at this photograph

Every time I do it makes me laugh
Every time I do it makes me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So why do I share this now? I'm really not sure? Perhaps because I've been thinking "back" more lately instead of looking forward. Though you can’t change the past, if you allow yourself to, you can enjoy it over and over again. You can’t predict the future, and in my case, there are times that the future is not even worth thinking about.

Look forward and worry but look back and smile…..

No comments: