December 02, 2005

Long Overdue

Tonight on the way home from work I made a long overdue phone call. I called my best friend from high school. The oversight was not planned, I had actually thought about making the call and telling him many times. Like happens so often, one thing led to another and I kept forgetting to call him and tell him.

We talked for 10 or 15 minutes, I got his email address and plan to stay in touch. We even discussed getting together when we are in St. Louis over Christmas. We spent a lot of time together the last two years of high school and beyond. For the past ten years or so we’ve not stayed in touch, unless you count the annual Christmas card exchange. I know this is not a unique way for friends to grow apart. I felt better for finally calling him – I felt bad for not doing it sooner.

No comments: