September 04, 2005

While thinking of others......

One of my best friends, a brother in every sense of the word, lost his Dad yesterday. Though he had health problems, it's still a difficult thing to lose a parent. For him, just another lousy hand in a year of difficulty. I'm with you brother, I'll say many prayers for you and your family today at Mass. I ask the rest of you to say a prayer for them as well.

Next, I monitor an on-line support group for PC patients. Being that PC strikes older men, most of the participants are older men. Their problems are usually surrounding the terrible post-operative side effects. Issues like incontinence and erectile dysfunction (I never said reading this would be fun). Though I would trade place with most of these gentleman in a split second (short term - Depends and ED issues versus no cure……) On the other hand, being 42 the thought of wearing adult diapers…..frankly I just don't want to go there….. I will add these men, these strangers, to my prayers today as well.

Tragic, fragile, limited, beautiful, funny, difficult, intense, lovely, limited...

No comments: