April 20, 2005

Finding strength in midst of chaos....

The sun did come up today......

I dropped Brad at school and then stayed for Mass. It was unbelievably difficult to restrain myself from losing it right there in the pew.
Something Fr. Bill said that hit close to home (paraphrasing)..... "Love is the satisfaction you feel when you help someone else". Though not always forefront in my thoughts and actions, in my adult life this is what I have tried to do most of the time. Now I need help from others, doctors, researchers and a cure that doesn't exist today.....in the mean time I pray for the strength to get through each day as chaos swirls around me.

At the end of Mass the kids always sing a song and use their arms to act out the words....I couldn't look at Brad, I can’t really think about it now without crying......

I spoke with Fr. Bill briefly after Mass and brought him up to speed on Houston, and then I mentioned the job situation. His response was "Oh my God!". I guess when you’re your Priest mentions the Lord by name, things are pretty bad!

Don't let the commercials fools you, Monster.com and other internet jobs sites are not a good place to find a job, at least not in Kansas City.

Have you ever heard Diana Krall's rendition of Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are"? It's intriguing how music effects you differently in different situations, times, moods etc.. I want to remember everything I have learned and everything I have felt over the past two months, but turn the clock back to before I was diagnosed or better yet rid my body of this filth.... and keep things just they way they are....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
St. Peregrine is the patron saint of cancer patients. His feast day is coming up, May 1st.

Prayer to Saint Peregrine

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," "The Wonder-Worker," because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to

The source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.

(Pause here and silently recall the names of the sick for whom you are praying)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cancer

It can't cripple love
It can't shatter hope
It can't corrode faith
It can't eat away peace
It can't destroy confidence
It can't kill friendship
It can't shut out memories
It can't silence courage
It can't invade the soul
It can't reduce eternal life
It can't quench the Spirits
It can't lessen the power of the resurrection

-Anonymous

Praying for you and sending you love and healing. A friend.

Anonymous said...

hi ☺ ☻ ☺ ☻ ☺ ☻ hope u get better