April 26, 2011

When down is up...

Since January, when I started my current treatment, I have had my PSA checked by two labs, four days apart. The first test is done in Atlanta as part of the clinical trial while the second is done in Kansas City as part of my regular monthly Oncologist appointment.  The difference in the test results are expected, one of the first things we learned after being diagnosed was to always use the same lab. Though we have changed labs a few times (due to changing doctors) we have always focused on the trend and not individual test scores. 


In my last post I reported that though my test in Atlanta showed a slowing of the trend, my PSA was up again. Today I am here to report that my number from the lab in Kansas City is actually DOWN 17% to 336! Can I get a ‘HELL YES’!


Here are the raw numbers since January and a pretty chart of my PSA over the last few years.


KC
ATL
01/31/11
349
200
01/25/11
02/28/11
356
250
02/24/11
03/28/11
403
293
03/24/11
04/25/11
336
323
04/21/11



A small victory but still good news! I'll be real happy when trend line is going down. I had a statistics teacher who use to say 'Two data points make a trendline', now I just have to wait 672 hours for the results of my next PSA test!

3 comments:

Mary and David said...

Hell Yes you can!! Hopefully the beginning of a new trend!!!

Swati said...

woo hoo! Wishing you all the best for this trend to keep on going!

Anonymous said...

David, I met you through the grapevine years ago, and follow your progress regularly. You are being prayed for by many. Keep your chin up...and HELL YES!!