April 17, 2011

The rebound

Since the last post a lot of things have happened, all of them good.

First of all, I'm feeling much better mentally and physically.
The occasional left hip/femur pain has been gone for days. I've been able to avoid Advil for weeks
and mentally I'm back on my game.

I spent six hours yesterday painting and redecorating one of our guest bedrooms. Today we got up and walked four miles in the 23rd annual 'Trolley Run'. This year it benefited a wonderful organization that my 3 year old nephew utilizes, CCVI (Children's Center for the Visually Impaired). There must have been 12,000 runners and walkers. It was amazing and felt really good to walk on such a beautiful morning!

After words I came home, spent about an hour in the yard and then put the finishing touches on the guest room.Tonight Brad and I attended a Confirmation meeting at church and now the family is relaxing watching a little television.

So the secret? Just stay incredibly busy! Mary asks me to slow down all the time, but I can't. I won't if this is the end result.

2 comments:

Sherry Luttrell said...

Hi David- so good to hear you and back on and feeling strong! Love to hear that!!!

Thanks for posting- it's helping me understand Terence- he stays and keeps bus, busy, busy (sometimes til he drops)- so I am continually asking him to slow down------I guess you guys know what you need.
Never-the-less----
I am really happy to hear you are strong and happy!

T got his PSA results this AM- up from 88 to 107 in under twp weeks.
we'll watch for a trend here....

Take care- have A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!
Sherry

Swati said...

I am so happy for you David ! I hope things keep getting better day by day!.