February 28, 2009

ever so briefly

I know it's been over a week, but I don't have a lot to report.

I had a bone scan on Monday (Feb 23rd) and the good news is that it showed no new tumors. Also, the previously existing areas were stable. Ideally, the report would have indicated the tumors had shrunk, but we are choosing to look at the positive, they didn't grow or spread!

We also gathered all my medical records and sent them to a PC medical expert for further recommendations. We have a call with him on Monday evening, and we are hopeful that he will be able to recommend several potential doctors that offer treatments that would be customized to be more effective for my individual condition.

Finally, on Tuesday night we held another FLHW Texas Hold 'em Tournament. I am pleased to report that we were able to raise another $1,300 for prostate cancer research. Congratulations to Mike (in the hat) who made a valiant comeback to beat Kevin for the title. Next up for the FLHW foundation is our second annual disc golf tournament on May 9th.

2 comments:

John Wagner said...

David, I really am pleased to read there were no new tumors and all areas are stable. I have come to appreciate the word "stable." With the big C, stable can be very good. I certainly pray you will all be able to come up with a viable plan.

Anonymous said...

Hi David,
I am very happy to hear the good news. You give me such a lift with your great poise and attitude. I am very sorry that I cannot attend this time on May 9. But I will keep the nickles saved and get to one of the events for sure. Peace and see you around the cyber world!

Phil 4:13

Tony