February 04, 2009

180 Needles later

This morning was a good morning, I gave myself my last injection of Lovenox! (see this post http://prostatecancerat42.blogspot.com/2008/08/im-not-lovenox.html)

Six months of daily injections are over, woo-hoo!! Now it's just a daily baby aspirin to control clotting.

The mention of baby asprin reminds me of when I was young and one of my brothers liked those orange Johnson's Baby aspirin so much, he ate the whole bottle. I bet the thought of the stomach pumping that followed still gives him chills!

Four years ago today I sat at work and wrote how frightened I was about the results of the biopsy I had experienced the day before. As it turned out, I had good reason to be concerned. Those thoughts, that fear, feels like it is from another life, one that I no longer lead. Not that I am naïve about the road ahead, but dwelling on the negative does no good.

Spring is going to tease us once again for the next few days with temperatures climbing well into the sixties. If the wind cooperates, we'll be spending a lot of time outside both in the yard and playing, what else!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the blogaversary and especially on the end of the injections!

I always look forward to your blog updates.

Enjoy the weekend - we here in the Midwest are all excited about the warmer temps!

Your friend, Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'm on lovenox, twice a day, after I had two gigantic dvts, including one PE. It's hard to find a spot to do the injections, I'm so bruised.