January 14, 2009

Ramblings

I have nothing specific to report today, so here are some random things that come to mind.

Have you heard the new Darrius Rucker CD, "Learn to Live"? In case you don’t know, he is the lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish. The genre is supposedly country, but I would consider most of the songs more rock. Regardless, I still like the CD overall.

I started a new TV series via the iPod. Last week on Monday night after treatment I needed something new while I was awake all night. The show is "Brotherhood" and is currently in season three on Showtime. Since I can never start a new series in the middle I got season one from NetFlix. After four episodes it's better than average but I'm still not sure. It's really the story of Cain and Able. The good brother is the city councilman and bad brother a small time gangster, with a conscious.

We are deep in the throws of winter this week in Kansas City, overnight temperatures tonight well below zero. It is supposed to be short lived and rumor has it we might see the fifties by the weekend. Hmmmm, can you say disc golf?

The foundation, www.flhw.org has a few events that are coming up in the first half of 2009. On Fat Tuesday, February 24th, we will be having another Texas Hold 'Em event. Details will be available soon. On Saturday May 9th we will be having our second annual disc golf tournament, again details will be available soon. We are also contemplating a dinner/wine tasting but have a long way to go with this possible event.

Finally, I am looking forward to Monday January 26th with trepidation. On one hand, it will be the end of chemo. On the other hand the ominous 'what next' lies ahead. God will guide us in our decision, but all decisions from this point on are compounded in their significance. We'll see what happens when we get there…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God will guide you. He is there for you. He has a plan for you.