January 11, 2009

Ace times three

That's this morning, January 11, 2009 after getting a hole-in-one on the 5th hole!

After a long tiring, post chemo week, I was feeling great this morning so I decided to join a few of the guys at a new disc golf course. The baskets aren't in yet so we aimed for trees marked like the one next to me. The object was to hit the tree below the ribbon. My shot was 300+ feet from the tee pad and hit the tree right smack in the middle.

Better than my accomplishment, my brother in law Rich got two!! He started the day with one on the first hole and finished the round with another on the 18th! It was only 24 degrees when we started but with no wind it quickly reached 40 degrees.

This afternoon we took down the Christmas tree and put the decorations away. Now football has ended and it's time to finish the book I started yesterday and get a good night sleep before I start working out again tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather looks great there.
It looks like fall.
We have over 4 feet of snow on the ground and forcasted to be below zero most nights this week.
Dan J

Anonymous said...

nice hat