June 08, 2008

...I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

I'm about 18 hours away from chemo infusion #1 and a few hours away from beginning the pre-medication.
This evening I will start taking Dexamethasone and in the morning Prednisone. Both are steroids used to assist the chemo.
The Dex I take 12mg the night before and morning of chemo. Regarding the Prednisone, I will take one 5mg tablet twice a day...., for the duration of the trial, 36 weeks from now.

There is one thing that concerns me; though they are very small dosages, I have visions of being up at 3:00am, unable to sleep and needing to work a few hours later. Dr. Van said we could adjust the Prednisone and just take both pills each morning if I am having trouble sleeping.

Not knowing the road ahead, I got a lot accomplished this weekend. Two rounds of disc golf and today I mowed the lawn and dug up three stumps from some Japanese Yews I cut down last week. I took Brad to the driving range and practice green and now we are off to Mass and a surprise dinner of some sort? I'm not asking and she's not telling!!!

So now I come to the title, I need your help, your prayers like you've never sent them before!

Stay tuned for a complete update tomorrow.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oooooooooooh, welcome to the dex club! Actually, when I first started dex (on 40 mg!) it was not all that bad. I think it takes a while to build up. When I take it at night, I usually do not wake up too much. You just have to beware the "crash" a day or two after taking it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers your way from soggy Iowa!

Your friend, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and yours. God Bless.