November 22, 2010

An all around bad news day

First off, no news about me, we are still waiting for the doctor to call with updates on potential treatments. I'll be calling tomorrow if we don't hear from him.

A good friend and fellow PCa survivor just received some real lousy news. Although his PSA has been low for the past few years, it started to increase slightly. He had new scans and unfortunately he has a few new tumors and must pursue a new treatment. He also looked into XL 184 but the current trial would require too many trips to the doctor. He's young and would like to continue to maintain a full time job, much like myself, so the logistics of the clinical trial pose another challenge to the 'next treatment' decision. I have corresponded with him over the last five years and hope to meet him in person some day.  My prayers go out to him and his family.

On the other coast there is a young couple who are struggling with their current treatment. He is my age and is in the midst of a clinical trial that is proving to be rather tough on him.  The side effects are becoming rather severe.  His wife posted earlier that they had spent most of the day in tears, so once again, my thoughts and prayers are with them as well.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving,  I ask that you join me in sending  your prayers their way. If you're not a praying person, at least send positive thoughts their way.My heart goes out to both families during this difficult time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David , Thanks for Your thoughts and Prayers ,Overall I have a lot to be thankful for.
I start radiation in 2 weeks and I am not really a bit worried about that. I am also moving to keto .I am thankful for my long response to date.
My thoughts and Prayers are with You as You decide on new treatment options ,i hope one day we will meet in person
Dan

Brian - Prostate Cancer IV said...

Sometimes, even though I know there are many others, I forget that others live this on a daily basis, too. My thoughts and prayers to all those that suffer and a strong hope that the advances of the last year or two will lead us to a real breakthrough. My best to all.
Brian.