December 02, 2009

Shooting Blanks

I'm suffering from writers block lately. Nothing seems interesting enough to write about.
So what do I share? I have my monthly doctor appointment on Monday. As usual, I have no idea what to expect. I have been feeling great the last few weeks so one would think a lower number is in store, but as I have come to realize, there are few times when how I feel dictates the result of my PSA test.
Yesterday I had to see my General Practitioner. It's probably been at least a year since I saw him. The visit was not related to PCa, just a minor foot issue. So as I'm sitting there waiting for him, it occurred to me that the five year anniversary of my first PSA test was coming up on December 10th. As I mentioned to Dr. S, it seems like yesterday while it also seems like a lifetime ago. I wasn't 'officially' diagnosed until early February, but this marked the beginning of what has become my crazy life. Five years have passed, so much has happened to me, to us.
My dad had a birthday last week and turned 78. It seems strange, there is no way he's almost 80 years old, is he? Sorry Pops, don’t mean to call you out here, but I did.
Christmas is only three weeks away and I have no idea what to get Mary. Wow, I'm up the proverbial creek this year!
Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!
Finally, Monday we (www.flhw.org) are having another Texas Hold 'em Poker Tournament. All the details are at the website, just click on 'Events'. I hope to see some of you there!!

No comments: