July 31, 2009

The final tally

Today I finished this years World Disc Golf Championships, what a week it was.

I won't go on and on with round by round coverage but instead will share the personal goals I had established before play began.

1) Shoot a total score of 360 or better. This was a bit of a stretch and meant that I had to average 60. Turns out I missed by little averaging 62.5 for a total of 375.

2) I wanted to shoot at least one round 'rated' 900 or above. A round rating is determined using your score versus all the other players in you division based on some highly complicated formula even I don't understand fully. I consider this one a success because both yesterday morning and this afternoons rounds were over 900; 911 and 912, respectively.

3) I was trying to shoot par at the woods or 'Down Under' course but shot a 4 over 58. This included some terrible putting on my part. I missed 6 putts between 15 and 25 feet.

4) Finally, and most importantly I wanted to have fun and meet some new people - this was not much of goal to set because if I wasn't having fun, what was the point of playing? Today I played with a most gracious man from Japan and a retired Army veteran from north east Kansas. During the week I played with guys from Tulsa, Austin, west Texas, Seattle, St Joseph Mo and South Dakota. In addition I met many, many other local and visiting players that were just great guys.

Enough for tonight next year the event is somewhere in OH and I have a tee time in the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great week.Congratulations on achieving Your 900 goal.
I meet my new Oncologist in Bosotn Monday.
Dan J