November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks

So you are probably wondering, "What does David have to be thankful for?" It's nothing elaborate, but it's more meaningful than words do justice. I have:
- A wonderful, supportive, loving, adorable wife. I'm not sure how I would have gotten even this far without her.
- A beautiful, healthy, vibrant, sensitive son.
- A merciful God who's plan continues to be revealed to me daily.
- Family that supports me, encourages me and worries for me.
- Friends who are there with a smile, a hand shake, a hug, or a simple pat on the back.
- Strangers, who as I said in the past, "…are just friends you have yet to meet".

We will be staying in KC, gathering with the family on this side of the state. Giving thanks that we are all here together, to enjoy the day, each other, and food and cheer.

May each of you be blessed with a Happy Thanksgiving, good health, and much happiness, this year, and all the years ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

I Thessalonians 5:18

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. As always you will be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dave,I'm a long time reader/prayer first time responder! Happy Thanksgiving. I have a recipe that I would like to share with you. Katie and I have been eating it for awhile. We enjoy it and you may too. The dish is called Tabbouleh(Lebonese). Take 1 cup cracked bulger wheat and soak in 1 cup water for about 30 minutes. Then chop/mince two large bunches of parsley, 1/4 cup chopped mint (fresh is best),3 scallions chopped,1/4 tsp. black pepper, 1/4 tsp.ground cumin, 3 tbs lemon juice, 3 tbs oil (2tbs safflower & 1 tbs olive oil), crumble in some feta cheese (any cheese will do)and if you want it sweet (I do)add 1 cup presoaked raisens. You can really add anything you want to this recipe. Have fun. I'll be in K.c. over Christmas and will make some for you if you would like. The bulger wheat comes from Bob's Red Mill and they have a web site for recipes. www.bobsredmill.com
oh, almost forgot this is andy lodes