December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and 300!

This might be my last entry for 2007, perhaps.

Tomorrow I am out of the office for an all day meeting. Then I will be on vacation until January 3rd.

So much time, so little to do.

First and foremost, Merry Christmas to all of you. Enjoy the time with your families. Take real time away from work. Recharge you batteries. Just get away (if not physically, atleast mentally!).

With this post, number 300 in my continuing saga, we turn into a new year. It seems like yesterday, December of 2005, that Mary and I spent the holiday season, all of January and the first half of February stressed out. Stressed as you can only imagine. Those days are long behind us. Not that life is stress free, it's just different.
We have accepted the diagnosis of Prostate Cancer. It is what it is.

On the 31st I'll have another blood test, and we'll anxiously await the results and deal with things thereafter. The monthly emotional roller coaster ride begins again. 2008 may bring changes in test results, although things could remain the same, (we pray that they will), however, it is likely to change. I thank God for 2007, it turned out to be one heck of a year.
Prostate Cancer has changed me, the people I have met have changed me. I have gotten to know friends and family members better, that has changed me. Some changes are subtle, others more pronounced and in some ways remarkable. Funny how that works.

So in closing, find the time to light a fire, snuggle up with your loved ones, turn on "It's a Wonderful Life" and cry like I always do when ZuZu says "Look Daddy, teachers says every time a bell rings an angel gets their wings!"

That's right, that's right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi David,
Wow 300 posts. That's wonderful. My Prayers are with you and for the next 300 posts. Thank you so much for your inspirational approach to this hideous disease. God be with you.

Tony Crispino
Las Vegas, Nevada