April 04, 2007

I like these three words

I was right!!

Each month, as we make our trip down to see Dr. H, Mary and I try to guess what might PSA is going to be for the month. Monday she guessed it would remain steady at 20, I guessed 17. It just sounded good, had a good ring to it. Kathy the nurse just called, I could tell immediately by the tone in her voice:

17.43

This is the lowest my PSA has been since May 2006 when it was 11.36
How about those apples!

Another thing we experience each month are 'Dr H isms'. I think he is somewhat befuddled with my number being steady. Not knowing exactly what to say he usually closes our brief discussion with "Well, let's just keep riding this horse' [Monday's] or 'We'll just keep the train on these tracks' etc. It's cute. I know one of these times Mary and I will make eye contact and burst out in laughter, it's sure to happen sooner or later!

Can you tell I'm in a good mood?

My friend Pete called me Monday evening. He told me that the Easter lilly we gave him last year had come back this year. This doesn't happen often with the harsh winters we have in Kansas City. He said he thought it was a sign of good things to come. I'm not sure about you, but I think Pete was on to something!

Happy Easter to you all.

Thank you Jesus for this wonderful news!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news indeed my friend. I hope you, Sister Mary, Mr. B and the rest of your crew all have a teriffic Easter weekend.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

You made my day! I know you and your family will have a joyous Easter.

Karen said...

Great news!! My doctor has lots of funny "isms", too! Maybe this is something they have to learn at med school ...